Tuesday, November 27, 2007

James Spooner sent me a picture after I had sent him an e-mail where I was complaining about a person who claimS such thing as:

All black people love music and WE have got Hip Hop and Soul running through our veins.

Just because there are black people who play punk you can not call it black music. Punks don’t sing about black issues. Don’t even try to convince black people that they COULD listen to Punk because Punk gives them a pain in the neck. Then one guy always addresses me with "girl" -- which is not suitable as I am 26 and girl sounds a bit condescending. I am not addressing him with "boy"-- it really has a racist connotation (I hear the slaves were called boys and that the masters believed that they do not have the guts to rebel)

However, there are a few people who get it that the colour of your skin does not determine your tastes in music.

James:
seems like the black folks you are talking to have a very limited
understanding of what black is. Yes r and b and hip hop are the most
mainstream music marketed to black folks and therefor the most
listened to. but try and tell the kids in this picture that they are
not black or the music they are listening to isn't black.


This pictures is copy- righted. So don´t even think of stealing it.

No comments: