Wednesday, April 15, 2009

gig diary

Kiste/ Stuttgart:
Derby Dolls/ Kevin K and the Cool Kats
I have no intentions to sound rude, but somehow Kevin K and the Cool Kats did not impress me very much( I am not saying that I can play the guitar better than my cat). Their style seemed quite well-worn to me. However, I am pretty proud of Helen´s ( The Derby Dolls) performance. Her conduct is boisterous and unapolgetical. And not only on stage is she fun, but have you noticed that she sometimes uses the bloke´s bathroom? Fuck sex, I just followed her right away.
http://www.13th-street.com/artists/kevink/bio.html

Epplehaus/Tübingen:
The Staggers
You do no want to know how sweaty I was after having danced like on drugs right in front of the stage. I felt like on top of the world.

1210/ Stuttgart:
Agent Orange
Their sound is pretty much okay and I enjoyed the evening shooting a video. All in all, nothing out of the ordinray, but a quality band.


1210/Stuttgart:
The Atomic Bitchwax
A band made in hell and I am sure they are having a leg over with a the devil twice a day. I found there music pretty impressive and because of intriguingly complex rythms and melodies.
-> Definitely worth the time and the effort to go to their gigs and buy their cds.

Schocken/Stuttgart:
Earth
Nice performance, but I had already been totally overstimulated when I arrived there. The ground was literally shaking and the location was overheated. Was not worth it to me - but would have been maybe for you.

Beat Club! /Stuttgart:
DE HØJE HÆLE... well, why the hell did I go there in the first place. Urgh, can´t remember really.


No comments: