Sunday, July 05, 2009

Why people ignore each other big time!!!

What a revolutionary article that sais that ignoring each other can be a sign of healthy social interactions!

I haven't spoken to my significant other in over 3 weeks. Why? Because I haven't needed to.

We're not mad at each other, falling apart, breaking up, or even bored with each other, we just haven't simply spoken for 3 weeks.

Not a phone call, text message, hello on the street, or a quick
stop at one another's houses.

Why do people think this is weird? Is it not normal to NOT spend every waking moment together? I mean, we've been together almost a year now, and we've never done the whole shopping together, dining out together, going to the movies together, picking out groceries together, etc.

I guess we're just secure enough in our relationship to not need to know what the other person is doing ALL the time.

I know people who call their significant others while they are at work,while they are cooking dinner, for no reason at all. Just to literally say "Hello" and hang up. Seriously?! If I'm going to waste my phone minutes it had better be on something important. I don't care even if you are the person I consider my other half, I'm not calling you for no friggin reason.

It's a good thing we both feel the same way about our ignoring one another for a majority of the time. We're solitary people who just GET each other. We don't need to be constant reminders in each other's lives. There's a comfort in knowing we don't have to try too hard for each other to know we are happy in our relationship.

Still, every once in a while it's nice to just be "needy". Not too often there will be that random knock on the door or that frantic phone call and we'll be there for one another without question with open arms. We're there for each other, we're just not in each other's faces ALL the time.

It's the perfect relationship.

We don't validate ourselves by our "togetherness". That's what a lot of people do. They believe their ability to be around their significant other all the time is an example of how strong their relationship truly is. The opposite is true, actually. It is the time you can be apart without FALLING APART that proves whether or not your relationship will stand the test of time.

I suppose we'll be together for a while, then.

by Abby Willow,
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/317093/is_it_normal_to_ignore_your_significant.html?cat=41

No comments: